Charmskool Shop is a highly curated emporium of provocative and unique products, built especially for the discerning, decadent customer. Created by the founder of the long running fetish shopping event Le Boutique Bazaar, we aim to bring our clients the finest selection of fashion and lifestyle productswith an erotic or avant garde twist. If you’d like to join our exclusive mix of brands, read below to find out more.
- Sell to our established audience of customers from around the world
- Sit amongst the other finest brands of their kind, all under one roof, in a fabulous ‘one stop shop’
- Control over your own shop within our site
- Opportunities for editorial coverage across our website, social media channels and newsletters
- Support and business advice when you need it- we have 8 years industry experience and are happy to help you.
- Charmskool is open to all brands, regardless of how established you are. We are a platform for discovery, and we are happy to work with smaller brands and those just starting out, as long as your manufacturing and image quality are high, we are interested!
- We are looking for (but not limited to) latex, lingerie, festival fashion, quirky daywear, corsets, millinery, bold accessories, jewellery, homeware, art, gifts, publications, toys and lifestyle products with a fetish, erotic, dark, or avant garde twist. What we are not looking for is ‘normal’ products that appeal to a ‘vanilla’ audience.
- Please note while toys are welcome, we prefer stylish, design led toys and will not accept toys that have the ability to cause serious harm (i.e. puncture the skin or electrocute) Any toy uploads will be subject to approval at our discretion.
- To become a boutique on Charmskool you must be selling either your own designs, vintage, or a curated multi-brand collection that you have in your possession- dropshipping is not allowed.
- You can start with as little as a single item, although listing more products gives you better visibility on site. Items do not have to be exclusive to us, though exclusive items are very welcome and may receive extra promotion!
- When you make a sale, you'll pay 20% commission.
Why 20%? Unlike an ‘open’ platform such as Etsy, Ebay or Depop, we only accept brands that meet our high standards. This means there are less sellers and products overall on site, so we have to charge slightly more to cover our running costs. The benefit to this is that your product sits only among other high quality items, and therefore are more easily located in customer’s searches, leading to a higher sales conversion than on a cluttered, open platform.
For comparison: If you are looking to expand your sales range off your own channels and find external stockists, you can expect to pay around 50% commission on ‘consignment’ to boutiques (also known as ‘Sale or Return’) and wholesale pricing is typically 40-60% less than retail. Most high end multi-brand marketplace sites have a commission of 20-30%.
- Your product images must be up to standard before you open your boutique.
- You should try to offer international shipping as our platform has a growing global audience, however it is your responsibility to handle shipping, taxes and customer expectations relating to this.
- Increasing your prices to cover the commission on site is strictly not allowed, same for ‘off platform’ selling (i.e. encouraging customers to make the sale on your own site to avoid fees) If everyone does this, the site will not function. Please respect that the commission exists so we can cover our running costs and provide you with a wonderful place to sell.
- There is no contract or subscription, you are free to leave any time, you can also set your shop to ‘holiday mode’ if you want to take a break
- You must read and adhere to the UK rules on the following (even if you are not based in the UK, Charmskool shop is registered here)
Distance selling regulations
Online selling regulations
Accepting returns and giving refunds
(please note, custom made items are legally exempt from refund)
If you'd like further information before applying, email firstname.lastname@example.org