CHARMSKOOL PHOTO STANDARDS GUIDE
We know that great imagery has the power to sell products, achieve the best prices and grow brands. At Charmskool we expect a high standard of photography from all our sellers, as we are a premium, curated site. High quality imagery increases customer confidence and provides a positive shopping experience, which benefits all brands on site.
What we do accept:
- Clean, well-lit modelled shots in studio or location
- Clean mannequin or hanger shots on a solid background
- Clear flatlay images for accessories, non clothing products and and other small items
- Studio, packshot, and ghost mannequin product photography
What we don’t accept:
- Graphic mock-ups (where it is a computer generated image of the item)
- Photos that are not owned by you or you don’t have express permission to use
- Image collages
- Images with heavy filters or graphics
- Images with borders or watermarks
- Images with the model ‘cut out’ and stuck on a stark white background so they appear to be floating
- Selfies / instagram type photos
- Catwalk images
- Black and white photos are discouraged
- Full nudity, nipples and genitals (for Google Ads / Payment gateway reasons)
PHOTOGRAPHY DO’S AND DON'TS:
- Consistency is absolutely key! Use a consistent style of background so that your shop looks tidy and helps define your brand, even if this means re-shooting some items.
- Shoot multiple angles, front, back, side, detail- customers will hesitate to buy unless they are very sure exactly what they are purchasing, especially on the more expensive items.
- Showing items (including accessories and jewellery) worn by a person increases buyer confidence and makes them twice as likely to sell.
- Consider shooting models of different body types- this is proven to sell products.
- Frame your product in the image space so that it takes up no less than 75%, but no more than 90%, of the full image (This is Google standard, for maximum visibility)